Home > Sports > Pre-Sports School Programmes
Pre-Sports School Programmes
The Badminton Academy collaborates with the Singapore Badminton Association to invite the top eight athletes (four boys and four girls) in each level of Primary 5 and Primary 6 to attend an intensive training camp in the Sports School. Participants undergo sessions focused on improving their skill, technique and fitness. Players have opportunities to be talent-scouted and invited to join the National Intermediate Squad in secondary school.
For more information, contact Desmond Tan
The Fencing Academy organises the Learn-To-Fence (LTF) Programme throughout the year for interested primary 3 to 6 Singaporeans. The LTF is designed and conducted by Sports School coaches. Participants with potential are identified and are invited to attend weekly training sessions. Talented fencers from the LTF may be invited to join the Sports School at Secondary 1.
LTF Programme Details:
- 2 sessions a week (Wed 7.00 to 9.00pm; Sat 9.30am to 11.30am)
- Approximately 20 lessons per quarter; $250/quarter
- Subsidy available for students on MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
The Fencing Academy also organises Fencing Clinic for primary 6 Singaporeans (including those without fencing experience) who are keen to enrol in the Fencing Academy, and possess a willingness to learn. The programme is designed and conducted by Sports School coaches. Fundamental fencing skills will be taught.
Fencing Clinic Details:
- Participants should be committed to attend all 3 sessions:
- Wed, 31 May 2023, 3.00 to 5.00pm
- Sat, 3 June 2023, 9.00 to 11.00am
- Wed, 7 June 2023, 3.00 to 5.00pm
- Free of charge; maximum of 40 participants
- Registration closes on Sat, 13 May 2023
For more information, contact Loo Zhao Rong Luan
The Football Academy and The Japanese Association, Singapore, jointly organises the annual Ambassador Cup. The tournament attracts Under 11 football players from local and Japanese schools and clubs in Singapore. The 8-a-side competition provides an opportunity for budding footballers to display their talent in a fun and enjoyable way. Talented players may be identified for further development and enrolment in Sports School at Secondary 1.
Learn-To-Play Football Programme
- Designed and taught by SSP coaches. Offered to P3 and P4 boys and girls who are interested to learn how to play football
- 1st intake : 24 March – 27 May 2023
- 2nd intake : 30 June – 2 September 2023
- 3rd intake : 15 September – 18 November 2023
- Fri 4:30pm - 6:00pm and Sat 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Free of charge
- No lessons during school or public holidays
- Registration closing date: 3 weeks before the start of any intake
For more information, contact Gregory Tan
The Netball Academy organises the NET-TURE for primary 5 Singaporeans who are good movers, and possess a willingness to learn. The programme is designed and conducted by Sports School coaches. Boys and girls are welcome to join.
NET-TURE Programme Details:
- Sessions are conducted between 17 June to 2 September 2023
- 11 Sessions on Saturdays from 1.00 to 3.00pm
- Free of charge
- Registration closes on Fri, 5 May 2023
The Netball Academy also organises the Netball Clinic for primary 6 Singaporean girls who are keen to further enhance fundamental netball skills, and possess a willingness to learn. The programme is designed and conducted by Sports School coaches.
Netball Clinic Details:
- Sessions are conducted between 17 March to 20 May 2023
- Sessions are conducted on Saturdays from 8.30 to 10.00am
- 7 Sessions (1.5 hours per session) will be conducted, focusing on key aspects of Netball skills and game play
- Free of charge
- Registration closes on Sat, 11 March 2023
For more information, contact Lee Min Li
The Shooting Academy delivers a comprehensive Learn To Shoot (LTS) Programme with the intention of introducing Primary 5 and 6 Singaporean to the sport, with the aim of inviting them to join the Academy in Secondary 1 for further development. Participants are introduced to simple and modified shooting techniques suitable for young children who are new to the sport through a systemised curriculum.
LTS Programme Details:
Each student may only enrol for 1 Air Rifle and 1 Air Pistol Programme
$180 for 6 sessions (special discount for school package)
Subsidy is available for students on MOE Financial
Assistance Scheme (FAS)
- Upcoming intakes in September, November & December 2023 and each session is from 1.00 to 3.00pm or 3.30 to 5.30pm
- 4th Intake: 2, 5, 7, 9, 16, 23 September
- 5th Intake: 14 ,16, 18, 21, 23, 25 November
- 6th Intake: 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16 December
For more information and registration, kindly contact:
Oh Meiqin (General Manager, Shooting Academy)
Singapore Sports School offers a Learn-To-Train (LTT) programme in partnership with ACE Swim Club. The LTT aims to develop Primary 4 and 5 pupils with talent in swimming and an interest in pursuing the sport at a competitive level. Talented swimmers from the LTT may be invited to join the Sports School at Secondary 1.
For more information, contact Chin Khen Theen
The Table Tennis Academy invites selected pupils from Primary 4 to Primary 6 to train with the Sports School team up to four times a week. The primary school pupils are able to benefit from higher quality coaching and also gain insight into the Academy’s training programme.
For more information, contact Dave Lai