Home > Admissions > Financial Assistance Scheme
Financial Assistance Scheme
Our School has enhanced our Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) to align with the latest revisions to the MOE Independent School Bursary with effect from 1 April 2020. Please see the Eligibility Criteria and Benefits listed below.
Eligibility Criteria – The student-athlete must be a Singapore Citizen and meets one of the income criteria shown in the table below.
Application – Student-athletes can apply any time in the year. Fresh applications must be submitted for each academic year.
Effective Date – The effective date will be the start of the next module following the approval of the application . There will be strictly no backdating of effective date. Incomplete application, for example, missing CPF statements, pay slips, income tax returns, photocopies of birth certificate and identity card, will not be processed and the effective date will be delayed.
|Monthly Gross Household Income (GHI)||Monthly Gross Per Capita Income (PCI) 1||Benefits 2|
|Not exceeding $2,750||Not exceeding $690||
|$2,751 – $4,000||$691 – $1,000||
94% school fee and supplementary fee subsidy
90% boarding fee subsidy
|$4,001 – $6,900||$1,001 – $1,725||91% school fee and supplementary fee subsidy
90% boarding fee subsidy
|$6,901 – $9,000||$1,726 – $2,250||33% school fee, boarding fee and supplementary fee subsidy|
1 PCI is computed based on the GHI divided by the number of members in the household (including parents, siblings and grandparents).
2 For student-athletes who are recipients of other scholarships, the total subsidy to be granted will be based on the benefits less the value of the scholarships.
3 In the form of vouchers.
4 Examination fees for GCE "O" and "N" Levels have been waived for all Singapore Citizens in Government-funded schools since 2015.
Parents/Guardians who wish to apply or re-apply for FAS are to submit the application and relevant documents online via the Parents Portal on our School Information and Administration System (SIAS). Please click here to access SIAS.
Only one application and one set of supporting documents are required for siblings living in the same household and studying in Singapore Sports School.
Scanned copies of the following documents are required from the child’s parents and other household members for FAS application.
- Birth Certificate of the child and all siblings
- NRIC (front and back) of both parents, sibling(s) and grandparents living in the same household (if any)
- Student Pass from educational institutions of sibling(s) who are above 16 years old receiving full-time education (if any)
- Legal documents to prove the guardianship of other child dependant(s) (eg. cousin whose parents cannot be located and the family is the legal guardian of the child) living in the same household (if any)
- Latest Payslip of both parents, sibling(s) and grandparents living in the same household who are working (if any)
- CPF Contribution Statement showing last 6 months contribution history of both parents, sibling(s) and grandparents living in the same household who are working
- Latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment of both parents, sibling(s) and grandparents living in the same household who are working
- Employment Agreement (contract base) of both parents, sibling(s) and grandparents living in the same household who are working (if any)
- Medical Certification of handicapped or critically ill sibling(s) or parent(s) or other dependant(s) living in the same household (if any)
- Divorce Certificate if parents are divorced
- Death Certificate if either parent deceased
If applicable, please fill these sections when applying for FAS online:
- Self-Employment Declaration Form of self-employed family members living in the same household (if any)
- Unemployment Declaration Form of unemployed family members living in the same household who are below 62 years old if they are not undertaking full-time education or in full-time National Service (if any) (to support with CPF Contribution Statement showing last 6 months contribution history and proof of unemployment (if any))
For Primary Six prospective students who are applying for FAS for Secondary One in Singapore Sports School:
If the child has received a letter of award of MOE-FAS for the current year and/or next year from his/her primary school or any of the siblings’ primary school, please upload a copy of the letter together with the child’s Birth Certificate.
For enquiries related to application for Sports School’s FAS, please email to our Finance Department officers at email@example.com.