Home > Admissions > Admission to Polytechnic Diploma Programmes
Admission to Polytechnic Diploma Programmes
Singapore Sports School collaborates with Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Republic Polytechnic to offer customised athlete-friendly diploma programmes leading to the following qualifications:
The customised diploma programmes are conducted at Sports School's campus and provides student-athletes a flexible academic programme which helps them balance the demands of sport and studies.
Polytechnic EAE is open to graduating GCE O-Level students and final-year Nitec and Higher Nitec students from the Institute of Technical Education (ITE). Successful applicants under the Polytechnic EAE will be given conditional offers before taking their GCE O-Level Examinations, or before their final Grade Point Average (GPA) for Nitec or Higher Nitec are released.
Shortlisting Criteria For Conditional Offer
- Have represented Singapore Schools/National Youth/Age-Group teams, or attained outstanding sport achievements
- Have demonstrated good conduct
- [For graduating GCE O-Level students] Have offered relevant subjects and achieved good academic performance in Secondary 3 and 4 school examinations
- [For final-year ITE students] Be doing relevant Nitec or Higher Nitec courses for the two Polytechnic programmes and achieved good performance
Academic Criteria For Those Given Conditional Offer
- [For graduating GCE O-Level students] Meet the required ELR2B2 and Minimum Entry Requirement (MER) in GCE O-Level Examinations
- [For final-year ITE students] The minimum GPA requirements for each polytechnic course are:
a) Final net GPA 3.5 and above for Nitec holders (including CCA bonus points); andb) Final net GPA 2.0 and above for Higher Nitec holders (including CCA bonus points).
How To Apply
Apply and upload the supporting documents via https://go.gov.sg/ssp-application-enrol
Under “Applying to join Singapore Sports School at the academic level”, choose either:
- Post-Secondary NP-SSP Diploma in Business Studies (DBS), or
- Post-Secondary RP-SSP Diploma in Business (DBIZ)
Please get ready the following documents:
1) Combined into one pdf/png/jpeg/jpg file [Max File Size: 3 MB]
- NRIC/Re-entry permit for Singaporeans/PR
- School result slips from secondary school / ITE
- Others (Sports achievements / awards / letter of support from NSA for Individual Programme)
2) Documents (if any) related to learning disabilities or special education needs [Max File Size: 1 MB]
After you clear Sports School’s shortlisting, you may then submit your application in the EAE Portal during the EAE application window from:
- 10 to 16 June 2021 for final year ITE students, and
- 24 to 30 June 2021 for graduating O-Level students.
After that, please wait for the respective polytechnics to contact you for further selection process, before a conditional offer can be granted by the respective polytechnic.