Home > Community > Career With Us
Career With Us
Singapore Sports School is looking for suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SPORTS
As Assistant Director, Sports, your main duties will be to lead and manage Sports Academies and provide input to the development and implementation of sport policies and programmes. You will also oversee the execution of the approved sport training plans and programmes as well as the identification, selection and recruitment of high potential student-athletes. In addition, you will establish productive partnerships with partners and stakeholders to achieve the School’s desired outcomes.
- A good university degree in any discipline
- At least 8 years of working experience in management roles and leading teams
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with an eye for the big picture and the interrelations of complex factors
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good relationship building skills to build buy-in across stakeholders
You will be responsible for the teaching, learning and mentoring of our student-athletes. You may also be involved in curriculum design, development of pedagogical strategies and assessment plans.
- A good undergraduate degree in Chemistry
- Post-graduate diploma in Education or equivalent
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in local secondary school/junior college/Millenia Institute
- Experience in International Baccalaureate Diploma programme is an advantage
- Ability to teach other Science subjects is an advantage
- Ability to teach in the evening school on some days is an advantage
EVENING SCHOOL TEACHERS
Singapore Sports School’s Evening School programme enables selected student-athletes to train in the day and study in the evening. It adopts a similar secondary school curriculum as mainstream schools and class sizes are small. Make-up lessons are conducted when student-athletes missed their lessons due to overseas training and competitions and they may be conducted during school holidays.
As an evening school teacher, you will be responsible for the teaching and learning of your subject discipline and mentoring of student-athletes. You may also be involved in curriculum design, development of pedagogical strategies and assessment plans in the relevant subject discipline.
- A good undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline:
– Biology– Chemistry– Chinese Language– English Language– Geography– Mathematics– Science (Lower Secondary)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in local secondary school
- Able to teach in the evenings and to commit for at least 1 year
Should you wish to find out more, please contact our Evening School Coordinator at this email address: Tan_Puay_Khim@sportsschool.edu.sg.
SENIOR MANAGER/MANAGER, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
You will lead and manage the Finance and Admin team, overseeing a full spectrum of the accounting functions of the organisation including monthly and year-end closing of accounts, budgeting, preparation of financial and management reports. You will formulate, implement and review financial and accounting policies and procedures and streamline processes. You will also be involved in managing the office admin functions of the organisation.
- A degree in Accountancy with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS will be an advantage
- Hands-on with keen eye for details and a high level of accuracy
- Tactful team player with strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess positive attitude, proactive and highly committed with ability to multi-task under pressure
MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE
You will be involved in the Human Resource functions pertaining to recruitment, training and development, performance management, payroll and benefits administration. You will review human resource policies and practices and implement new initiatives that contribute to organisational success. You will compile and analyse HR data and support in all other HR areas as assigned. You will also provide secretariat support to the School Board.
- A degree in any discipline, preferably with post-graduate qualification in Human Resource
- At least 5 years of broad based Human Resource experience
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A good team player, highly motivated and performance driven
- Able to interact with staff of all levels
- Good understanding of Singapore employment legislations
COACH, TRACK AND FIELD
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the training and competition plans for a group of assigned student-athletes. You will conduct regular meetings with student-athletes and their parents and submit written progress reports. You will work with the General Manager, fellow coaches and external stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of competitive coaching experience at elite youth level
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
For Coach, Swimming
- Possess NCAP Level 3 Coaching Course or equivalent
- Possess an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
For Coach, Track and Field
- Technical expertise in more than one track and field discipline is essential, specialisation in horizontal and vertical jumps will be preferred
- Possess an internationally recognised coaching qualification in track and field development recognised/accredited by IAAF
EXECUTIVE/OFFICER, BOARDING AND BUSINESS
You will provide administrative and operational support for all Boarding and Business matters. This would include attending to enquiries for rooms and facilities rental, events management, rooming coordination, housekeeping, as well as food and laundry services arrangements etc to ensure the smooth operations during the guests’ stay. You are required to be flexible in your working hours to perform guest check-in and check-out. In addition, you will support the food preparation and ensure that the caterer strictly follows sanitary and safety practices in all phases of the food service operations. You will monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes and investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality or service.
- At least a diploma in any discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in events coordination and venue management
- Relevant qualification in food hygiene, catering, culinary management or specialised training in food service management is an added advantage
- Positive work attitude and service orientated
You will be responsible for the procurement of overseas travel services for school overseas trips including making travel arrangements, calling and evaluation of quotations and raising of purchase orders to the travel agents. You will ensure the procurement comply with the school policies and practices. You should be meticulous and able to work under pressure during peak seasons where there is high demand for travel needs. You will work with the staff, travel agents and external stakeholders. You should also be prepared to procure other goods and services and undertake new duties as assigned.
- A diploma, preferably in Business Studies or a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of working experience in a sales or business setting
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in travel procurement is an advantage
- Experience in public sector procurement is an advantage
You will be responsible for managing all functional aspects of a complex and high value business IT initiative for the School from inception to successful implementation. You will be required to work with domain experts from all the major functions in the School and external partners to understand, collate, document and test all the functional requirements of the business IT initiative. You will also be expected to lead and conduct process improvements as part of the business/system analysis. This is a contract position with an initial tenure of 2 years and with the possibility of extension.
- A degree in any discipline
- Proven track record in successfully delivering major business IT initiatives as a business/system analyst
- Demonstrated success in conducting process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Previous experience in education sector is an advantage
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to email@example.com . Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.