Home > Community > Career With Us
Career With Us
If you are a highly-motivated and engaging individual who wants to contribute to the holistic development of high-performing student-athletes, we invite you to join us.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SPORTS
As Assistant Director, Sports, you will be supporting the Director, Sports in the development, planning and implementation of sports programmes in Singapore Sports School (SSP); as well as to work with the school leadership team to develop and align initiatives within SSP so as to provide student-athletes with holistic development in academic and character learning whilst they pursue their high level sports development. Your main duties will be to lead and manage Sports Academies and guide the development and implementation of sports policies and programmes. You will also oversee the execution of the approved sports training plans and programmes as well as the identification, selection and recruitment of high potential student-athletes. In addition, you will need to work with relevant external key stakeholders and partners to establish strategic working relationships so as to leverage shared resources to achieve SSP’s mission for the student-athletes.
- At least 5 years of working experience in management roles and leading teams
- Strong commitment to develop youth-athletes
- Good understanding of the sports ecosystem in Singapore
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; able to see the big picture and interconnections of complex factors
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good networking skills to engage different stakeholder groups
- A university degree in any discipline is preferred
- Current or former athlete, or interest in sports will be an advantage
SENIOR EXECUTIVE/EXECUTIVE, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS (6-month contract)
You will be responsible for implementing communication strategies that support Singapore Sports School’s mission. You will be required to produce content for publications, corporate presentations and social media, including updating content for the school’s website. You will also be required to provide support at events and visits.
- Excellent command of English language and strong writing skills
- Creative and able to work independently, as well as with the team
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Have interest in sports and human development
- Proficiency in web content management, HTML and Adobe Photoshop will be an advantage
- Ability to conceptualise and edit videos for events and social media will be an advantage
- A degree in Mass Communications or related qualification is preferred
COACH (SABRE), FENCING
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the training and competition plans for a group of assigned student-athletes. You will conduct regular meetings with student-athletes and their parents and submit written progress reports. You will work with the Head Coach, General Manager, fellow coaches and external stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of competitive coaching experience at elite youth level
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
For Coach, Badminton
- Technical excellence in all elements of badminton
- Possess SG-Coach Certification or equivalent
For Coach (Sabre), Fencing
- Possess an international fencing/national coaching qualification recognised by International Fencing Federation (FIE)
- Have preferably attended an FIE/Asian Federation (AF) or FIE/AF recognised coaching course
For Coach, Swimming
- Possess full NROC Registration (which includes SG Coach Level 1 Integrated Programme for Swimming)
- Possess an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
SENIOR MANAGER/ MANAGER, BOARDING AND BUSINESS
You will be responsible for the operations of the entire Boarding School and manage a team of staff to carry out operations. You will plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes for the benefit of the students. You will also manage all business operation matters relating to guests, optimise use of school facilities and ensure prompt and efficient operational flow in the Business department.
- A degree in any discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a boarding or residential environment for young people will be an advantage
- Able to lead teams and forge partnerships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Successful candidate must reside in the Boarding School. Accommodation will be provided.
You will support the Boarding School in supervising, nurturing and mentoring student-athletes. You will also support Boarding administration and operations for student-athlete matters including their studies, well-being, health, safety and discipline. Planning and organisation of activities and programmes to enrich the student-athletes’ boarding experience will also be part of your job scope. You are required to work from 2pm to 11.30pm on most weekdays, and on alternate Saturday or Sunday. A staff apartment will be provided as you need to reside in the school.
- Good counselling, administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Passion and dedication to work with youths
- A good team player and adaptable to changes
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A university degree in any discipline is preferred. Diploma holders with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST / SYSTEM ANALYST
You will be part of a highly committed team responsible for managing all functional and technical aspects of complex and high value IT systems for the School. Besides working with end-users and external vendors to enhance the systems and provide technical support to end-users, you are expected to proactively provide assistance and advice to end-users on the effective use of the IT systems, and identify opportunities to optimise their business processes. You will also be required to produce and review technical documentation, including functional specifications, system design, technical and operational procedures, training guides etc. This is a contract position with an initial tenure of 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
- A degree in any discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in successfully delivering and supporting major IT systems as a system analyst
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft dot-net, SQL and reporting server, and sound working experience in business intelligence tools and portal technologies
- Excellent technical experience with databases, systems networking, web-development and end-user management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and sound project and vendor management skills
- Experience in developing and implementing standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in education sector is an advantage
LABORATORY ATTENDANT, SCIENCE DEPARTMENT (1-YEAR CONTRACT)
You will assist teachers and laboratory technicians in the preparation and washing of apparatus and equipment for Science laboratory lessons and examinations. This includes preparation of reagents and set-ups for laboratory lessons and examinations. You will maintain general cleanliness of equipment and the workplace. You will also assist in administrative work for science lessons and/or school events. The work hours will be from 7.00 am to 4.30 pm (Monday-Friday).
- Experience in working in a school environment
- A pass in PSLE or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
Singapore Sports School publishes our career opportunities at www.jobstreet.com.sg , and you can submit your job applications through Jobstreet.
For career opportunities not found on Jobstreet, please forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic and professional qualifications, working experience, and current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the job title in the subject heading of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.