Home > Community > Career With Us
Career With Us
If you are a highly-motivated and engaging individual who wants to contribute to the holistic development of high-performing student-athletes, we invite you to join us.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SERVICES
Reporting to Director, Corporate Services, you will provide leadership in the area of Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Administration. You will ensure the respective functional areas are delivered effectively and efficiently, and in compliance with regulations and internal policies.
You will spearhead and implement strategic initiatives aligned with the organisation’s goals and strategies to drive organisational excellence. You will take an active role in the development, review and monitoring of Corporate Services KPIs. You will review policies, processes and internal controls, recommend improvement and ensure adherence to them.
You will provide secretarial support to the Board of Directors and its committees. You will actively engage stakeholders and external parties, such as the funding ministries, Company Secretary and auditors etc.
- At least 8 years managerial experience, preferably with 2 years working in a school, statutory board or public sector
- Degree in Accountancy, Business, Finance or related discipline is preferred
- A Chartered Accountant is an advantage
- Able to multi-task and work both at the conceptualisation and operational levels, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Conversant with prevailing financial accounting standards, corporate governance guidelines for Charities & Institutions of Public Character, HR practices & legislations and procurement guidelines & procedures in public sector.
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to engage people at all levels
TEACHER, ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
You will be responsible for the teaching, learning and mentoring of our student-athletes. You may also be involved in curriculum design, development of pedagogical strategies and assessment plans.
- Professional teaching qualification, such as the Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the National Institute of Education, or other similar qualifications
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in secondary school or pre-university institution
- Experience in preparing students for the GCE O-level, A-level or the International Baccalaureate Diploma is preferred
- A good undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Interest in sports preferred
COACH (SABRE), FENCING
COACH, TRACK AND FIELD
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the training and competition plans for a group of assigned student-athletes. You will conduct regular meetings with student-athletes and their parents and submit written progress reports. You will work with the Head Coach, General Manager, fellow coaches and external stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of competitive coaching experience at elite youth level
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
For Coach (Sabre), Fencing
- Possess an international fencing/national coaching qualification recognised by International Fencing Federation (FIE)
- Have preferably attended an FIE/Asian Federation (AF) or FIE/AF recognised coaching course
For Coach, Shooting
- Technical excellence in 10m Air Pistol events is mandatory
- Possess SG-Coach Certification or equivalent
For Coach, Swimming
- Possess full NROC Registration (which includes SG Coach Level 1 Integrated Programme for Swimming)
- Possess an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
For Coach, Track and Field
- Possess an internationally recognised high level coaching qualification in track and field development recognised/accredited by IAAF
- Possess SG-Coach Certification or equivalent
- Specialise in Middle/Long Distance and Multi-Events
SENIOR MANAGER/ MANAGER, BOARDING AND BUSINESS
You will be responsible for the operations of the entire Boarding School and manage a team of staff to carry out operations. You will plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes for the benefit of the students. You will also manage all business operation matters relating to guests, optimise use of school facilities and ensure prompt and efficient operational flow in the Business department.
- A degree in any discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a boarding or residential environment for young people will be an advantage
- Able to lead teams and forge partnerships with stakeholders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Successful candidate must reside in the Boarding School. Accommodation will be provided.
You will support the Boarding School in supervising, nurturing and mentoring student-athletes. You will also support Boarding administration and operations for student-athlete matters including their studies, well-being, health, safety and discipline. Planning and organisation of activities and programmes to enrich the student-athletes’ boarding experience will also be part of your job scope. As you will need to reside in the school, a staff apartment will be provided.
- A degree in any discipline. Diploma holders with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- Former MOE teachers are welcome to apply
- Good counselling, administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Passion and dedication to work with youths
- A good team player and adaptable to changes
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
SENIOR EXECUTIVE/ EXECUTIVE, SPORTS ADMINISTRATION
You will be responsible for the following administrative functions:
- Admission of student-athletes
- Procurement of overseas trips for student-athletes and chaperones for training and competitions
- Management of student-athletes’ data related to LEAPS 2.0 (Participation, Service, Leadership and Achievement) and attendance
- Secretariat support for Sports Group meetings and events
You will report to Manager / Sports Administration, and be part of a dynamic team of officers who provide critical administrative support to the Sports Group and various school events such as camps, Open House and Awards Night.
- At least a Degree in any discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with procurement in a public service agency will be an advantage
SENIOR SYSTEM ANALYST / SYSTEM ANALYST
You will be part of a highly committed team responsible for managing all functional and technical aspects of complex and high value IT systems for the School. Besides working with end-users and external vendors to enhance the systems and provide technical support to end-users, you are expected to proactively provide assistance and advice to end-users on the effective use of the IT systems, and identify opportunities to optimise their business processes. You will also be required to produce and review technical documentation, including functional specifications, system design, technical and operational procedures, training guides etc. This is a contract position with an initial tenure of 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
- A degree in any discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in successfully delivering and supporting major IT systems as a system analyst
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft dot-net, SQL and reporting server, and sound working experience in business intelligence tools and portal technologies
- Excellent technical experience with databases, systems networking, web-development and end-user management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and sound project and vendor management skills
- Experience in developing and implementing standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Highly motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in education sector is an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Singapore Sports School publishes our career opportunities at www.jobstreet.com.sg , and you can submit your job applications through Jobstreet.
For career opportunities not found on Jobstreet, please forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic and professional qualifications, working experience, and current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the job title in the subject heading of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.