Home > Community > Career With Us
Career With Us
Singapore Sports School is looking for suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
You will be responsible for the teaching and learning of your subject discipline and mentoring of our student-athletes. You may also be involved in curriculum design, development of pedagogical strategies and assessment plans in the relevant subject discipline.
- A good undergraduate degree in Chemistry
- Post-graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in local secondary school/junior college/Millenia Institute
- Experience in International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is an advantage
EVENING SCHOOL TEACHERS
Singapore Sports School’s Evening School programme enables selected student-athletes to train in the day and study in the evening. It adopts a similar secondary school curriculum as mainstream schools and class sizes are small. Make-up lessons are conducted when student-athletes missed their lessons due to overseas training and competitions and they may be conducted during school holidays.
As an evening school teacher, you will be responsible for the teaching and learning of your subject discipline and mentoring of student-athletes. You may also be involved in curriculum design, development of pedagogical strategies and assessment plans in the relevant subject discipline.
- A good undergraduate degree in the relevant discipline:
– Biology– Chemistry– Chinese Language– English Language– Geography– Mathematics– Science (Lower Secondary)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in local secondary school
- Able to teach in the evenings and to commit for at least 1 year
Should you wish to find out more, please contact our Evening School Coordinator at this email address: Tan_Puay_Khim@sportsschool.edu.sg.
COACH, TRACK AND FIELD
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the training and competition plans for a group of assigned student-athletes. You will conduct regular meetings with student-athletes and their parents and submit written progress reports. You will work with the General Manager, fellow coaches and external stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of competitive coaching experience at elite youth level
- A commitment to values inculcation and character development
- A deep understanding of sports development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Good administrative and organisational skills and be able to communicate well in English
For Coach, Swimming
- Possess NCAP Level 3 Coaching Course or equivalent
- Possess an international swimming coaching qualification recognised by FINA
For Coach, Track and Field
- Technical expertise in more than one track and field discipline is essential, specialisation in horizontal and vertical jumps will be preferred
- Possess an internationally recognised coaching qualification in track and field development recognised/accredited by IAAF
ASSISTANT MANAGER/EXECUTIVE, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
You will be involved in the writing of internal and external publications (print and digital formats), managing events and visits, as well as create, develop and manage content for web presence. You are expected to exercise creativity in your areas of work, possess a keen eye for details and be able to make quick connections. You should be confident working with a range of personnel, from students to vendors to the media. You should also be prepared to take on additional assignments as and when required.
- A Degree in Mass Communications or a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in integrated marketing communications in an agency setting, or in corporate communications
- Experience and skills in web content management, digital media campaigns and graphic design
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems
- Possess basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Able to multi-task and work independently within a team setting
- Effectively bilingual is an advantage
- Experience in sports marketing or FMCG sector is an advantage
- Has a passion for sports and youth development
You will be responsible for managing all functional aspects of a complex and high value business IT initiative for the School from inception to successful implementation. You will be required to work with domain experts from all the major functions in the School and external partners to understand, collate, document and test all the functional requirements of the business IT initiative. You will also be expected to lead and conduct process improvements as part of the business/system analysis. This is a contract position with an initial tenure of 2 years and with the possibility of extension.
- A Degree in any discipline
- Proven track record in successfully delivering major business IT initiatives as a business/system analyst
- Demonstrated success in conducting process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Previous experience in education sector is an advantage
DATABASE AND SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Singapore Sports School is seeking a suitable candidate to fill a renewable contract position for the role of a database and system administrator. Your responsibilities are as follow:
- System and database administration in all IT environments (Production, User Acceptance Test, Development, etc.)
- Change control and production promotion for systems and databases
- Monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning for systems and databases, and also implementing disaster recovery plans
- Liaising with vendor in performing email system administration
- Incident management and root cause analysis
- System job executions and data extractions
- Management of system and database security which includes, but not limited to user accounts and access rights
- Involvement in the Data and Information Management
- Involvement in formulation and execution of IT policies
- Supporting IT initiatives involving system and database implementation
- Participating Laptop, Desktop and Printing Service support
- Documentation updates and control
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Three or more years of system and database administration experience in Window and Unix environment
- Knowledge in MSSQL and Oracle database, and MS SQL Server 2008/2012
- Good understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery requirements, design and solutions
- Sound knowledge in formulating and implementing appropriate IT policies in the area of IT Infrastructure
- Positive work attitude, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also as a proactive team player
You will support the Boarding School in supervising, nurturing and mentoring student-athletes. You will also support Boarding administration and operations for student-athlete matters including their studies, well-being, health, safety and discipline. Planning and organisation of activities and programmes to enrich the student-athletes’ boarding experience will also be part of your job scope. As you will need to reside in the school, a staff apartment will be provided.
- A Degree in any discipline. Diploma holders with relevant experience are welcome to apply.
- Former MOE teachers are welcome to apply
- Good counselling, administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Passion and dedication to work with youths
- A good team player and adaptable to changes
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to email@example.com . Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.